I LOVE these things and used to love when friends would email me their lists. Maybe all the Kairos girls will join me in answering these fun questions!
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
- I play the piano, and have since I was 5. I should be better at it than I am, but I mostly play by ear. I only hear lead.
- I am very nostalgic.
- I love to sing and record myself and listen to it. I used to do this a lot before I had kids.
- I would love to play the guitar and drums (I should have been a Sikes kid. 😉 ).
- I had a crush on the same boy from 3rd grade to 9th grade.
- I love listening to spanish guitar music (remember that concert Emily?).
- I love mexican artwork, and their food is good too.
- My nickname as a child was Jenner Bug.
- I was named after my Aunt.
- I was going to be named Heather or Joshua. (Thank you Aunt Jennifer!!)
- I’m allergic to cats.
- I like to chew on the popsicle stick cause I like the way they taste…like right now.
- I like the smell of spray paint.
- My favorite dog is a Rottweiler.
- JTT was my first celebrity crush. (Jonathan Taylor Thomas)
- I ran a 10K in 1 hour and 18 minutes, and didn’t train. My knees now hate me.
- I love dry sarcastic humor.
- My favorite movies are Gladiator, A Time to Kill, Oceans Eleven (remake), and Elf. Ok, and The Notebook.
- I never watch movies over and over again, once is usually enough.
- I used to “ice skate” in the living room to Christmas music all year long.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
- Heights. Really, do I have to explain this? Who wants to fall?
- Piles of junk. Makes me feel closed in and trapped.
- Smoke monsters. LOL, j/k. I’m not really afraid of stuff so I ran out.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
- Chick flick, staring the Griswold’s in an episode of Hoarders.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
- Mwahaha, such a good one. Stay away from boys.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
- My kids.
- Lecrae music, especially when it’s free.
- Driving while listening to music.
- Being around family and friends.
- Being skinny again.
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
- Betrayal and now divorce.
7. What is your dream job, and why?
- As a kid I told Emily I wanted to be an artist. Interestingly enough now my dream job is cake decorating, so it’s kind of the same thing. I love being creative and also love coming up with spontaneous ideas, and I work best that way.
8. What are 5 passions you have?
I don’t feel much “passion” for anything right now but deep down:
- People who are hurting and need God.
- I don’t show it enough because I’ve never known how to really get out and do this, but I really would love to volunteer more to people who need help.
- Healthy food.
- Living a fuller, happier life and getting out of my comfort zone.
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
- Granny: I’m closer to her than my mom and she has always been there for me no matter what. She is a strong woman who has gone through so much pain and heartache, but still has a deep faith in God and has a great attitude about life.
- Beeba: She’s an inspiration. Always fun and outgoing, and knows how to get things accomplished. Her faith in God is amazing.
- Emily: She’s gone through some tough times but has the most positive outlook on life. She’s also a great friend and influence.
- Maritza: A strong, confident woman. She was such a positive influence to me as a kid and always cheered me on. She also gave some great advice that I wish I had now taken.
- Mom: She taught me how to read and inspired my love of books.
- Tommy: He taught me that you don’t always have to follow the rules.
- Pastor Tim: Great fatherly advice, and a new found confidence in myself. Hope that life can be better.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
- Trying to walk in my black high heels and going down to my knees in the parking lot. Then realizing there was a person sitting in the car next to mine watching the whole thing.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
- When people narrate everything they are doing.
- The cart with the funky wheel.
- When people line up to buy junk they don’t need after Thanksgiving, and fight like wild animals over it.
- Starbuck’s that don’t have drive-thru’s.
- Cat sweaters.
- Dirty old men.
- Kanye West.
- When I level a cake and get cake crumbs on my hands. Same with icing.
- “Men” who are players.
- When the seam of jeans are pulled with finger nails.
- People who give advice, but don’t follow it. (Whoops, that’s 12).
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
- Wake up, coffee, ask kids what they want to eat, check my social apps while I drink coffee, take a picture of coffee–post to Instagram, try to find something fun to do with kids, eat, sleep.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
- Hoping that things will change when it’s way past time to be done with it.
- Way too honest. (Not in the good way. More like I talk and say too much sometimes.)
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- A Macaw. Love their bright colors, and so I could fly.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
- Mother–so that’s 1, 2, and 3 right there 😉
- Starting my cake business
- I’m only 28 so I’ll get back to you!
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
- I’d love to learn how to play Jazz piano.
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
- I can’t answer this one.
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
- Italy. I love the way people walk everywhere they want to go. Also, how close knit communities are, where everyone knows everyone.
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
- Being home-schooled for 3 years.
- Living close to Granny and exploring her huge yard.
- Moving and going to public school.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
- Again, I would fly and I would travel the world for free!
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
- 5 years: Finally done with college.
- 10 years: Working and hopefully opening a real bakery.
- 15 years: I hope by then I have traveled to some great destinations.
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
- Cake decorating. I love having an idea or seeing an inspiration cake and seeing the idea come to life from beginning to end. It’s very satisfying. I also just love to post pictures of cake, it’s fun.
- Singing & listening to music. (is that a hobby?)
- I’m really getting into wanting to re-do old furniture. Just sanded my first piece and can’t wait to spray paint it!
- Adobe Illustrator. Also, another creative release. It’s like drawing on the computer.
- Taking photos, mostly with my phone. I love some Instagram and Snapseed.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
- Um, no.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
- Abigail (2 Samuel 2). We would eat Granny’s minute steak, or pressed chicken from Chong’s.
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
- Ooh this is good. Our culture of money, sex, fame. All our problems could be fixed with people turning their lives over to Jesus. Amen.
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
- My eyes. I like them.
28. What is your love language?
- I got a 10 on physical touch. I’m so shocked. 😉 But that’s only with my significant other. I actually am not touchy feel-y at all with other people, other than hugs, and I will barely kiss my grandma. Second was words of affirmation, then quality time. You can take your own test here: The 5 Love Languages
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
- I think I come off very snotty if you don’t know me. It takes me a little bit to warm up to people before I will open up to them and be myself, and for good reason. I’m working on being more outgoing, and this comes from just not caring as much about what people think.
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
I’m not big on people pleasing anymore so this will be short and sweet.
Frankly I don’t care, but:
- My faith in God.
- I would hope my kids would think I was a good mom to them.
- That my friends at least liked me, haha.
I found this list here: Hopes & Dreams